Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Black Pharaoh Foiled! Our First Labyrinth Lord Campaign Concluded




Wow! Tonight my small group completed a campaign that stretched 1.5 years. For many, I'm sure that isn't a very long time, but it was the first campaign for two of my players and my first in about 20 years. We used modified BX throughout and their characters reached 7th/8th levels after defeating tons of cultists, drug brewing mutants, giant phosphorescent ants, schizophrenic blobs, etc. They explored the Magus Xoth Ragar's mysterious laboratory, engaged in espionage against the notorious Black Hand in Pentastadion, and ultimately tracked the Black Pharaoh to his abominable pyramid in the desert. Great fun and lots of great ideas by these unpredictable players. Even though three of the main characters died, they were integral parts of the story that was made, so it proved once again the strange alchemy that makes a D&D campaign so satisfying.

For now, I think I've earned my reward and will take a month or so off to recharge, read, and get the next campaign ready. One of the players has graciously agreed to DM for a bit.

Woo hoo!

1 comment: